5 performance bases standards need to be addressed when applying for daylight waiver. The article in Women and Drones provides helpful tips on these standards.
- Method for remote pilot to maintain visual line of sight during darkness.
- Provide method for remote pilot to see and avoid other aircraft, people on the ground, and avoid ground bases structures and objects during darkness
- Provide a method remote pilot will be able to continuously know and determine position, altitude, attitude, and movement of their small unmanned aircraft.
- Provide a method to assure all required persons participating in the small unmanned aircraft operation have knowledge to recognize and overcome visual illusions caused by darkness, and understand physiological conditions which may degrade night vision.
- Provide a method to increase conspicuity of the small unmanned aircraft to be seen at a distance of at least 3 statute miles unless a system is in place that can avoid all non-participating aircraft.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions regarding the application process.