May 7, 2016. International Drone Day. #IDD16 #dronesaregood
Join our #TeamDroneharts.
The Amelia Dronehart Group for women announces: Team Dronehart for International Drone Day – Saturday May 07, 2016 Team Dronehart is is hosting a worldwide team for women all over the globe who fly or support the RC/UAS industry and want to show some “girl power” for a positive event!
Team Dronehart does not have a location, this means, any women anywhere can participate!
The Amelia Dronehart group is a worldwide community of female RC pilots and industry supporters. For International Drone Day we have formed “ Team Dronehart” a global team with no set location, so women around the world can participate. Whether you are hosting an International Drone Day team, joining another team or not a part of any team YOU CAN participate!
Our goal is to show female support of this positive event! All you have to do to participate is snap a picture of yourself (solo or part of a group) on Saturday the 7th with something that reads out #TeamDroneharts, then upload that photo to your social media sites and the IDD and Amelia Dronehart Facebook pages using the hashtag #TeamDroneharts in conjunction with one or all of the International Drone Day hashtags: #dronesaregood #IDD16 #internationaldroneday, It’s that simple.
You can get as creative as you’d like in showing #TeamDroneharts, make a sign, wear a t-shirt, get young ladies to lay in a way that it spells out #TeamDroneharts, we encourage you to get creative! If you’re planning on hosting or joining an International Drone Day local team, you can just tie this in.
Any ladies that would like to participate are encourged to contact our team captain
Telephone : 951.523.7UAV
International Drone Day’ takes place Saturday May 7th 2016. This follows the success of the first International Drone Day in 2015, which saw over 40,000 people in 50 countries take part.
Drones continue to be an often controversial topic, and so International Drone Day 2016 is set to be even larger than last year. Hundreds of teams throughout the world will hold events to educate those outside of the drone community about the many positive ways in which drones are used to better society. The mantra of those taking part is “Drones are Good!”
In partnership with the Academy of Model Aeronautics ‘AMA’, International Drone Day event activities vary by team and include drone racing, aerial photography and videography instruction, and search and rescue demonstrations. All events are open to the public and press, with photographs, filming and interviews welcome.
International Drone Day is supported by the Academy of Model Aeronautics, ONAGOFly, AirVuz, MultiGP, and International Drone Marketing
International Drone Day was founded by Sarah and David Oneal, of “That Drone Show”. They comment: “International Drone Day is hosted by the drone community for the public. It’s an opportunity for people that have heard of drones to find out more about them. As a result of International Drone Day 2015, vast numbers of people now understand that drones are used in good ways – from being used to save lives in search and rescue, to providing more efficient ways to monitor crops, to producing beautiful photographs. International Drone Day also highlights the much needed economic boost provided by drones, and shows that drones are fun!”
– The goal of is to educate the public that “drones are good” by highlighting their positive applications
– Over 150 teams in 50 countries are taking part
– All events are open to the press and public
– International Drone Day 2016 is Saturday 7 May 2016
– International Drone day was founded by: David Oneal and Sarah Oneal, hosts of “That Drone Show” and producers of the documentary “The Drone Invasion”
– More than 40,000 people in 150 countries participated in International Drone Day 2015
Press contact information for International Drone Day:
David Oneal and Sarah Oneal
Telephone +1 949.527.5927 or +1 949.887.6937
YouTube: That Drone Show
Press contact information for Team Dronehart:
Telephone : 951.523.7UAV
Social media hashtags: #dronesaregood #IDD16 #internationaldroneday
– The AMA (Academy of Model Aeronautics) has stood for safety in the model aircraft community for decades.
– ONAGOfly offers the worlds first small, low cost obstacle avoidance drone with high quality camera. – AirVuz provides an online platform which showcases professional, and amateur drone videos
– MultiGP are a drone racing organization comprising of 275 Chapters around the world
– International Drone Marketing provide marketing services to businesses operating in the drone space
– InterDrone is a “must attend” drone conference. This year it is taking place September 7-9 at the Paris Hotel, Las Vegas
Positive uses of drones include:
– Search and rescue
– Law enforcement
– Fire fighting
– Environmental and marine research, conservation and preservation
– Art (photography; cinematography)
– STEM and STEAM